New adjournment request form to help parties

Announcement - 8 February 2019

NCAT's Consumer and Commercial Division has developed a new PDF-fillable form to help parties request an adjournment. 

 Adjournment request (Consumer and Commercial Division) [PDF 66kB]

What is an adjournment?

An adjournment means that a party is asking NCAT to change the hearing to another date.

Before asking NCAT for an adjournment, parties must contact the other parties and ask if they agree to a change of hearing date.

The new adjournment request form helps parties follow the correct process and ensures they provide the necessary information to NCAT.

Note: NCAT will not agree to an adjournment unless there is a good reason to change the date, even if all parties agree.

For more information

Read the Consumer and Commercial Division Adjournment Guideline [PDF 66kB] for detailed information about adjournments.

Last updated:

06 May 2020

Was this content useful?
We will use your rating to help improve the site.
Please don't include personal or financial information here
Please don't include personal or financial information here
Top Return to top of page Top