Enforce a work order

Parties can apply to renew proceedings if a work order (to provide goods or services) is not complied within the period specified by NCAT.

The information on this page applies only to cases in NCAT's Consumer and Commercial Division.

What is a renewal of proceedings?

If the other party does not comply with NCAT's orders to provide goods and services, you can apply to renew the proceedings. This means that the case is reopened so that different orders can be made.

A renewal of proceedings application can be made against one or all of the parties ordered to do work in the original order.  The renewal can be made for one or all of the orders made in the original order.

A renewal of proceedings application may be lodged for any Consumer and Commercial Division case type except community schemes.

How to apply

Download and complete the application to renew proceedings form. Lodge your application at any NCAT Registry Office.

Renewal of proceedings application form (PDF , 103.2 KB)


Fees are payable for renewal of proceeding applications. View our fees and charges or apply for a fee waiver.

Time limits

You must apply within the time set out in the original NCAT order.  If no time was specified, the renewal application must be lodged within 12 months after the work was to be completed.

If you apply outside of the time limit, you can request a time extension as part of your application. NCAT will not always agree to a request for a time extension. 

Last updated:

08 Sep 2022

Was this content useful?
We will use your rating to help improve the site.
Please don't include personal or financial information here
Please don't include personal or financial information here
Top Return to top of page Top