Feedback and complaints

NCAT welcomes and seeks feedback on its services. We would like to know what we are doing well and how we can improve.


To provide general feedback about NCAT's services please use the feedback form.

Trouble using NCAT Online Services?

If you are having technical problems using NCAT Online Services, please submit your enquiry using the NSW Online Registry Contact Us form.


You can make a complaint to NCAT about: 

  • the conduct of a Tribunal Member or Registry staff
  • NCAT's services or processes

NCAT cannot respond to complaints about changing a decision or removing a Tribunal Member.

Making a complaint​​

Step 1: Contact the NCAT Registry to discuss your problem.

Step 2: If not resolved, ask for your issue to be referred to a Deputy Registrar for informal review and response.

Step 3: If your issue still cannot be resolved directly with the Registry, complete the NCAT Complaint Form.

NCAT will acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days, and aims to respond within 42 working days.

NCAT is currently experiencing delays in our response time, and we apologise for the inconvenience.

Do not complete the complaints form online within your browser as data will not save. Save the PDF-fillable form to your computer and then open using Adobe Acrobat Reader

Complaints about a decision​​

Making a complaint cannot change a Tribunal decision. If you want to change the decision in your matter, seek legal advice about any rights of set aside, review or appeal you may have.

Removing a Tribunal Member

Making a complaint cannot change or 'remove' a Tribunal Member from hearing your case. You must ask the Member in person at the hearing to remove or disqualify themselves from hearing your case.

Useful resources

For detailed information on how NCAT deals with and responds to complaints. 

Last updated:

11 Mar 2024

Was this content useful?
We will use your rating to help improve the site.
Please don't include personal or financial information here
Please don't include personal or financial information here
Top Return to top of page Top